Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Having to re-enter user IDs and passwords

• Please log in to reply

kygirl1066

kygirl1066

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I used to stay logged in to my regular sites, such as Facebook, eBay, Hotmail, message boards, and so on, with only having to re-enter them on occasion. In the past few months, I have to enter the user ID and password every day on every site I visit. Clicking the "keep me logged in" or "remember me" box doesn't work past about 24 hours (I haven't timed it exactly). Not sure what caused the change, but I'd like to be able to stay logged in to my favorite sites without having to re-enter my user ID and password every time! A friend suggested I check the cookies, but I haven't gotten far with that. Could it be a browser upgrade? I use Firefox and am current with the version. (However, this same friend uses Firefox, and she doesn't have the log-in problem.)

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Yes, I'm a tad bit lazy when it comes to surfing the internet. :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Close Firefox. Go Start>All Programs>Mozilla Firefox, click on Mozilla Firefox (safe mode). Same thing?