Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Opera wont work! PLEASE HELP!

• Please log in to reply

twistedvincent

twistedvincent

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello friends,I have never posted here before.Actually I dont post alot anywhere....Anyway,I sucessfully downloaded and used Opera 8 for a couple of months and love it.Then suddenly I tried to log on and I got the old.."Opera internet browser has a encountered a problem and needs to shut down"message.I then eliminated all traces of Opera from my files and downloaded it again and the same thing happened when I tried to open it.I have run spybot,spyware dr.,counterspy,trojan hunter,trend micro-p-cillin avg free ect....and nothing fixes it.I tried downloading Opera 7.23 without java and it worked fine,but I hate that version.I then uninstalled sun java,and reinstalled it,because I DID get a virus(which I sucessfully took care of) and I was afraid that I may have accidently deleted a piece of sun java while getting rid of the virus and screwed up the registry.Any suggestions???? I really prefer the Opera browser.* :tazz:

Edited by twistedvincent, 19 May 2005 - 06:36 AM.

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Sounds like a registry entry has been modified or deleted. Those viruses suck!

Did you take a snap shot of your registry after you installed the Opera browser. I do this, when all things are working well incase something like this happens.

For example, I had a dialer virus on my wifes computer, I deleted that sucker, it deleted a registry file that made it possible to maintain my internet connection. I then went to my registry back up file and executed the reg file. It restored my registry back to normal, and I was able to gain access back to the internet.

Good Luck

Edited by John_Doe, 16 May 2005 - 10:13 AM.