Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Really slow graphics performance

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK it took some digging but I found this one HERE
2.2 Beta 1 (Build 2.02.22.0033)
Win XP beta
This is directly from PowerVR and looks to be the newest driver out there for your card.
Have you tried it?

Advertisements

stupidhomer

stupidhomer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Already tried them and told in last post its badly designed, I found some on softpedia which actually work without messing up my screen, thanks anyway

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Then the problem is the drivers are not up to date for that card.
This is why I said it is old.
The last official drivers I can find are for 95.
I would suggest replacing the card with one of the newer ones.
You can get a card with 256 or 512 megs of memory for less then 100 dollars now.
Look HERE for a list of PCI video cards with at least 256 megs of memory. That is 4 times the amount of memory you have on yours right now. They start out at 45.00 dollars USD. Just as a basis of comparison with what you have now.
The newer PCI Express cards come with 1 gig of video memory. I wasn't trying to insult you by saying the card you have is old but in computers that is old to have a 8 year old card.