Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advanced SystemCare Free/pro

• Please log in to reply

Ambrossia

Ambrossia

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Please forgive me for this being my first official posting lol but I found the answers I needed originally coming here through reading prior posts and found some posts about Advanced SystemCare Free while doing so that I would like to respond to by doing some educating. I know I am knew here and I have no reputation here, so I’m going to start out by letting you all know I’ve seen a lot of good things here and I respect the Ideals and advice. Some of the best things here, I have followed for many years, such as How to maintain you computer. I take it so much further, but I also don’t use an anti virus. *nods and waits for the gasps to subside*

Aye, I know it’s crazy, but that’s how careful I am with my computer.. I’m so careful, that I have it set up to where when I visit a website, I have to choose whether to block or let a cookie through. I don’t visit strange websites and if someone recommends something to me, I only go if they are super trusted and use the same techniques I do or an anti virus themselves. I have spam filters on my email and I’m religious about making sure that those that aren’t on my white lists, get thrown into the spam listings. And I read.. a lot enough to know that there are certain things that will give a false reading of a Trojan when put through the virus scan.

Which brings me to one point about Advance SystemCare Free, they include a zip file in there download. They do this out of politeness, mostly I think. See, a lot of their system, you have to download as separate utilities, I don’t know if their program was too big or if they do it out of respect, knowing that you may not want everything they have to offer. I chose to do everything they have to offer. The zip file I speak of is a real time system that checks for viruses as well as malware, but it actually goes deeper than that.. it’ll check for tracking cookies.

Now, the reason I’m posting this, is because someone said “And just a note: Any free program that states it is a fixall for all computer issues with a 1 click resolution are worthless. Do not use any registry cleaners and registry defraggers. They will wreck havoc on the system and they do no good.” I’m Going to assume that this person didn’t even know what Advanced SystemCare Free was or that there is an upgrade out there that is paid for.

This program is not a “fix all” it’s a maintenance helper. I use all the programs that are available in Windows for me, defrag, disk cleanup.. blah blah blah.. but I miss the other stuff, such as diskcheck. What this system does, is everything that windows does but a tad bit more. Now, anything you do NOT want it to do, you just simply uncheck, and it won’t do it. But as far as the registry checks, it’s been safe for me thus far. Let me explain what is done. I’m a gamer, I play EQII, but I also download a lot of those easy games from game sites like Real Arcade. I do the one hour demos, if I like, I buy. If I don’t, I delete. Now, the problem with deletion of a lot of games, is that you get a lot of dead end shortcuts in folders or something (if you’re like me you do) registry fixer eliminates those amongst other pesky things you don’t know about. With Advanced SystemCare Free, it gives you a CHOICE to look at what your fixing first before it fixes it. Again, you can uncheck what you’re not sure about. But I’ve had NO problems with letting it do it’s thing thus far, however, I do check to make sure there are no crucial registries in there and I will continue to do so until this thing has been on my puter for 6 months. I’m just that way.

As for the rest of it, It has brought back check disk that runs right there, desk clean up and faster than the one windows provides, shortcut fixer, smart defrag (for gamers), smart ram, game booster (AWESOME, no more game interruptions at just one touch of a button!! I’m in love!) and this is all on just utilities.. on diagnose system it has system optimize, security defense, regular defrag, security analyzer. On maintain windows it has spyware removal, registry fix, privacy sweep, junk files clean.. now I know what you’re thinking, I have most of that already, but it’s all over my machine! That’s the point I’m trying to make.. yes, this is all in one. How many times do you have to hit that start button when you go to clean up your puter and maintain it? If you’re like me, you’re religious about it and do it at least twice a month. For it to all be in one handy dandy tray, it’s a dream. And I’ve been using it for a few months now, a friend of the family has been using it longer who is very trusted in stuff like this. Neither of us have had problems.

The Advanced SystemCare Pro goes deeper into your machine and can be put on schedules, so although this is good enough, Pro would be better. This is just like any other good hearted system that is free out there.. they too got an idea that people are probably tired of doing all this by manual and decided to put together an all in one system.

Now, to address that Zip file I just touched on and went on with other stuff lol. There’s been a lot of controversy lately about this particular side of it. It’s IObit’s Security 360, it will more than likely read like a Trojan. I’ll touch more on this issue in a minute. The Security 360 is claimed to be a rip off of Malwarebytes. I can’t say either way. I use to use Malwarebytes, but it hurt my head some. I agree with what was posted here. None of us can say either way. I plan to use IObit all the way as long as I can. It’s all in one system helps me remember everything I need to go through with just a few clicks.

Okay, about the Trojan issue. Please be assure I’m not attacking any intelligence here, I’m just making sure that future panics can be avoided for things like this. Let me explain what I’m talking about here. On this site, I found someone that uses McAfee and it found a Trojan attached to the download of ASCF. Along with the download, comes a zip file, which some very sensitive anti viruses can mistake this for Trojans. I know this to be a fact, it’s part of the reason I don’t use anti viruses anymore. Now, here’s a funny thing, on ASCF’s site, to the left, you will see McAfee’s support tag, along with several other known companies. All I’m saying, is that research should be done before any download. Comments from people on VARIOUS sites are mostly useful. Look at supporters, do you recognize them?.. blah blah blah
ANYwhom.. lol did I ever mention I’m long winded? Think I’ve said enough, I love ASCF and plan to go pro soon. Tell me what YOU think!

Amber

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
I think your post is subtle spam for a product that we don't recommend. I'm not going to start a discussion here about the legitimacy of Security360 - that's a legal issue to be addressed between IObits and Malwarebytes, and there's no benefit to discussing it here. I will state, however, that our official position is that registry cleaners are unnecessary and dangerous, and we do not support their use at all, in any form. You may choose to remain anti-virus free, but that's also not advice that we will give to our users. There are too many of us trying to clean infected computers to ever think that not using an antivirus is a good recommendation.

Ambrossia

Ambrossia

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Oh no, I'm greatly misunderstood, This was to educate prior issues I had seen here in the boards about this particular product. It had seemed that not many had known a great deal about this product. I'm not advertising or anything of the sort and I'm definately not defending the legality issues, for I know not either way who is innocent and who is not.

As for the issue with the legality issues between the two companies, I felt it only fair to those who read my post to know that there was an issue, I'm an educater, nothing more (read my profile, I even teach music, it's in my blood to be thorough in educating, sometimes, it can be a bad thing evidently, I apologize)

On the note of anti virus free.. it took me YEARS of researching WITH an anti virus before going anti virus free, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who isn't sure of where they go and who visits a lot of sites. That's greatly misunderstood as well, I was just trying to prove the point on the trojan issue.

I am sorry for the confusion and hope this cleared it up, what I do is risky in its own accord but I've had years of experience in the simple things I do.

Edited by Ambrossia, 07 November 2009 - 10:38 PM.