Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netintelligence

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

andy75

andy75

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi
I really hope someone can help me here,
My girlfriend has aquired a toshiba netbook from her sons school,
When we try and get online with it even if its just to a site like google it just returns the page saying that 'netintelligence' can not verify the page, it also blocks IM sites too, it dosen't come up in 'add/remove' or in 'revo uninstaller' but after rooting around I found the uninstaller in the recycle bin so sent it back to the original location then ran the uninstaller but when I do it asks for a password, then says if you haven't got one then go to the 'control centre' when I click for the 'control centre' it does nothing at all,i'm sorry if i'm not explaining myself properly but basically what i'm saying is that there MUST be a way to get rid of this program, the way it acts it seems like a virus in itself the way it dosen't want to be rid of and its certainly spyware as it monitors web usage from a server, could anybody help me find a way to get rid of it please or any suggestions where to go from here as the netbook as basically useless as it is now, its just a windows xp sp3 netbook if that makes any difference,

Any help much appreciated :)

Mark (Andy75)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.micro...s/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Click Options, then Hide Microsoft Entries.
Click File, then Refresh.
Go File>Save, and save AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
Attach AutoRuns.txt file to your next reply.

andy75

andy75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi
Thanks again for the help, hope i'm doing this right but heres the .txt file

Attached File  AutoRuns.txt   24.25KB   4791 downloads

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Re-run Autoruns, scroll down to this section:
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\WinSock2\Parameters\Protocol_Catalog9\Catalog_Entries"
and UN-check following entries:
+ "000000000001" "Netintelligence Home Edition LSP" "Netintelligence Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\nihlsp.dll"
+ "000000000002" "Netintelligence Home Edition LSP" "Netintelligence Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\nihlsp.dll"
+ "000000000003" "Netintelligence Home Edition LSP" "Netintelligence Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\nihlsp.dll"
+ "000000000009" "Netintelligence Home Edition LSP" "Netintelligence Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\nihlsp.dll"

Restart computer.

andy75

andy75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi
I've just tried that but when attempting the first one I got a pop up "Winsock Protocol Providers cannot be disabled (only deletion is supported)"

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Download, and run LSP-Fix: http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
Next, double-click on LSPFix.exe to start the application. Place a check in the box for "I know what I am doing", then highlight the file:
nihlsp.dll
Move that file from "Keep" to "Remove" box using the >> arrow. Click the finish button, then OK to close.
Posted Image
Restart computer, and see, if you can uncheck those entries now.

andy75

andy75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi
After using LSPfix the four items are no longer showing on autoruns

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Very good. How is the issue?

andy75

andy75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi again
Sorry for the delay there, having to use the same internet connection between both computers
I've just been online (google) and all seems fine now, is there anything else I need to do? Is it fully uninstalled or will it come back to haunt me lol? And finally could I delete the folder with the program in it?

Really got to say thanks again :) really appreciate this

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You shouldn't have any issues anymore.
You can safely delete the folder.

Advertisements

andy75

andy75

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Thank you SO much again :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're very welcome :)

lowrider69

lowrider69

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi can i jump on this thread please as i have same problem with same software :)

i,ve followed the intrutions on this thread and removed the nihlsp.dll with LSPfix but it still wont let me uncheck the files named

+ "000000000001" "Netintelligence Home Edition LSP" "Netintelligence Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\nihlsp.dll"
+ "000000000002" "Netintelligence Home Edition LSP" "Netintelligence Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\nihlsp.dll"
+ "000000000003" "Netintelligence Home Edition LSP" "Netintelligence Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\nihlsp.dll"
+ "000000000009" "Netintelligence Home Edition LSP" "Netintelligence Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\nihlsp.dll"

i'am running windows xp

is there something i,ve missed please as i can now go onto any web page but i,ve noticed that windows explorer is hideing the tools tab still so i can delete any temp files history cookies,

cheers if you can help

mazza25

mazza25

• Pip
  • 9 posts
here is a link to the netintelligence knowledge base: http://kb.netintelli...nce_Home_Access

There are articles on usage/control, but also how to remove netintelligence, if you wish.

lowrider69

lowrider69

• Pip
  • 2 posts
ok thanks m8 :)