Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Netgear Router with Speedstream 5100 motem

• Please log in to reply

dolphins04

dolphins04

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have tried everything . we have a Hp desktop running Windows XP and ATT speedstream 5100 motem for DSL. have had a Netgear Wireless router untill they got unplugged while moving stuff and now i can not configure them. if i go direct to the modem i get internet if i go through steps to get the wireless connected it will not let me get to the ip of the modem. PLEASE someone help me. Plus since netgear has to purchase phone help over ninety days 30 mins for 36 dollars I cant afford it.

Advertisements

etaf

etaf

• PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
can you post the model of the netgear wireless router please

make sure you have connected the modem to the correct port on the back of the router
possibly marked Internet

then power off everything

power on the modem - let it settle and check the status of all the lights and that they are correct
post back all the lights status
power on the router - let it settle and check the status of all the lights and that they are correct
post back all the lights status
Then we may need to setup the router - but I would like the model to see if i have a manual for it first