Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Ehh unsure

• Please log in to reply

wildgreg0012

wildgreg0012

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I made a question and when I got replies it had nothing to do with the situation. Why does it matter where something comes from? Exactly! Isn't it for answering questions? Why yes, yes it is! So just answer the question don't ask on another persons thread unless it is a useful post not where something came from!

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 20,955 posts
  • MVP
If you're referring to the post in which you were trying to reformat, the question Murray asked was logical. It doesn't help you resolve your issue with booting from the CD, no, but we will not help you install an illegal copy of the operating system. If you'd like to get a legal copy, then we can help you. Our Terms of Use specifically states:

We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software illegally.

wildgreg0012

wildgreg0012

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
my question for one of you guys is WHY does it matter in the original post?! I asked a question then im asked about it with the useless information. I come here new and automatically suspected of using illegal copies?! Thats what it seems like to me

mpascal

mpascal

Math Nerd

• Retired Staff
  • 3,644 posts
Hi,

You weren't automatically suspected of using illegal copies. What you told Murray was against the Microsoft EULA, which is illegal. It's not useless information, it's to enforce our terms of use. We won't help people install software illegally.

wildgreg0012

wildgreg0012

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok well he has cleared things up for me, thanks for trying

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts

my question for one of you guys is WHY does it matter in the original post?

Actually that's a simple question to answer, often non-genuine discs don't work properly - no surprise there. If a genuine disc gives errors, it is usually because it has become badly scratched or there is a problem with the CD drive.