Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RPC error

• Please log in to reply

peterkim

peterkim

• Pip
  • 1 posts
earlier today i was using the internet fine

then i restarted my laptop and then i can't connect to the internet. i tried resetting the modem/router and all but that didnt work.

i checked my DHCP service and it says it's automatic but it is not working properly. i cannot start and it says i have a dependency service/group failed error 1068

i cannot renew/release my IP through CMD

i tried looking at my AFD through command line but it jsut says error 999 and i can't repair anything

i do not have any system restores to go back to as i just installed the new OS.

any suggestions on how to get my wifi card to connect to the internet? it does detect networks but cannot connect to anything

- earlier today, i tried backing up to my external hard drive but just cancelled it cause i wanted to do my own custom back up with the files i wanted, but now when i attempt to back up through windows, there is an error saying the system cannot find the path specified. i feel like the internet problems started after this, maybe not. but i can't really think of anything else
all my other roommates internet works so i know its something wrong with the computer. there also seems to be something wrong with microsoft update. it says that the services are not running and i need to restart. something is wrong.

Edited by peterkim, 07 November 2009 - 02:31 AM.

Advertisements