Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Saving a Belarc analysis

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Re use of the Belarc Advisor (free version) for running a profile of a pc. I

How can I <save> a readable version of the analysis for my W98SE pc that appears on the Belarc website? I have tried saving the screen as a WORD document but I end up with a document full of tags like <HTML> and <TITLE>, etc, that is quite unreadable. Thanks.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
I cant give you the exact commands for 98 (my 98 isn't readily available), but can tell you that if you do a File and the save page as you will get the files required to reopen the program.

I suggest creating a folder called belarc (or any name you want) and the save to that folder because you will get a folder of files and a html icon to click on.
The folder of files and the icon need to be together.

wdc202

wdc202

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
123Runner: Thanks so much. Your suggestion works and my file (in a BelarcAdvisor folder) is an html type. But I can't edit it at all; is there away to do so?

And I am afraid I don't understand your comment
<<I suggest creating a folder called belarc (or any name you want) and the save to that folder because you will get a folder of files and a html icon to click on.>> What icon are you referring to?

I suspect there is a lot I don't understand about html files.
The folder of files and the icon need to be together.
Thanks again.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
When you saved the Belarc file, it created a html executable AND a folder with additional files in it that the html needs to be able to get you the report again.
If you put the html in 1 folder and you put the other folder in a spot by itself (another location), you will not be able to open the Belarc report.

Generally there is no reason to edit the report.
If you want to, the only other way is again choose save page as and then under save as type you choose text.
It wont be as pretty as html, but you can edit it.