Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics Problem

• Please log in to reply

cavfan

cavfan

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hello all, not sure if this is the right forum or not, but here goes. I have had a graphics problem for several weeks. Not real serious, but here is what happens: when viewing videos, such as Itunes video, youtube etc.., they work fine right after a restart. After my laptop has been on for a while they get slow and jerky. I can still watch them but the sound is a step or two ahead of the graphics. A couple things have happened over the last few weeks. My friend nocked it off a table about a month ago. At first there didnt seem to be any trouble with it, but has started acting up more recently. Also I downloaded JK defrag or Mydefrag as it is now called seems like maybe it was since then. Thanks for your help, Kevin

Laptop specs:

HP Pavilion dv2845se
Windows ™ Vista Ultimate Professional 6.00.6002 Service Pack 2 (x64)
4GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 7150m/nforce 630m
AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-62 @ 2100 MHz
DirectX version 10.00

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
sorry your thread got overlooked for so long...we have been very busy... :)
go here and download speedfan and run it...
get a screenshot and post it for me...