Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Running a Call of Duty/uo server @home

• Please log in to reply

mike needs help

mike needs help

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Insane Stuff LOL look at you self may 16th 2005 a little g2g n00b and look at you now ;-)

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Insane Stuff LOL look at you self may 16th 2005 a little g2g n00b and look at you now ;-)

LOL what do you mean by that?? I was never a noob noone here taught me anything. I learnt all my stuff on my own before I even came to this site.. :whistling:

Ninjah

Ninjah

• Pip
  • 5 posts
ok so u guys that cant see 1.5 server in internet lists... i had the same prob and i had my internet server up and it showed as a local server like all of you get. Then someone from the internet joined it so ya it really does work but u just have to live wit it and ask a friend to join.

shadows1

shadows1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:whistling: me and my friend r trying to start a cod2 server can u help? :blink:

http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=131509

tombutcher1990

tombutcher1990

• Pip
  • 3 posts
yeh same i would like to try a cod2 server... any ideas any1?

dormage

dormage

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
well
cod 2 is kinda the same
loock starting a server is not that hard the only problem you encounter is the router and the portforwarding
otherwise its a peace of cake,if you are realy dedicated to start the server then write more and exsplain these few things

-your connection
-router(yes/no)
-cpu,ram
-ever tryed hostiing a server ???

Ninjah

Ninjah

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i replied at that link so go there

Gackz

Gackz

• Pip
  • 7 posts
ya i followe everything andi got a server running but its only under "local" and not internet i dedicated it to inter nett too idk wats rong

Gackz

Gackz

• Pip
  • 7 posts
http://www.geekstogo...33-t133144.html

zaps

zaps

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just got a game call Call of Duty 2 and it kept saying video card or driver doesn't support alpha blending.

I know that you guys talked about this already but it didnt seem quite clear to me where to go or what to download.

I tried looking for some drivers and stuff but it just made me download stuff for the stuff that I need and so on...

Im confused I really need some advice or help here.

Reply this message as soon as possible.

[removed email]

PS: I already downloaded DirectX 9.0 and it didnt work then noticed something in the window that recorded stuff and what the problem is (which is the alpha blending...etc.) in the game...Something to do with Direct3D 9...is there a difference between DirectX and Direct3D? Just wondering...

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

I just got a game call Call of Duty 2 and it kept saying video card or driver doesn't support alpha blending.

I know that you guys talked about this already but it didnt seem quite clear to me where to go or what to download.

I tried looking for some drivers and stuff but it just made me download stuff for the stuff that I need and so on...

Im confused I really need some advice or help here.

Reply this message as soon as possible.

[removed email]

PS: I already downloaded DirectX 9.0 and it didnt work then noticed something in the window that recorded stuff and what the problem is (which is the alpha blending...etc.) in the game...Something to do with Direct3D 9...is there a difference between DirectX and Direct3D? Just wondering...

This isnt the right thread for that question but I can tell you the answer right away...

Its your video card, You will need to get a brand new video card supported by the game.. Make shure you get one that actually works with the game and dont go super cheap on a video card.. Look for a good MID range video card.

The only other thing I suggest doing is going to the video card manufacturer website and try out the newest video card drivers.. If that doesnt fix it then your video card is the problem!

Edited by admin, 30 March 2011 - 03:53 PM.

W3$T $1D3 BZ

W3$T $1D3 BZ

• Pip
  • 2 posts
how do you chat in the multy player console?

to people on your server, so if im at the console on my desktop and i need to say sumthing to the players on my sserver how do i chat?

Edited by W3$T $1D3 BZ, 28 November 2006 - 09:16 PM.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

how do you chat in the multy player console?

to people on your server, so if im at the console on my desktop and i need to say sumthing to the players on my sserver how do i chat?

already helped user by personal message.

daviddb67

daviddb67

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey i am having trouble running call of duty multiplayer.. when i try n log into a server it says cd key in use?... it will allow me to start my own server but i want to log into other peoples servers to play against them what do i do ?

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello daviddb67 and welcome to G2G!

Have you tried reinstalling the game?
Is this a downloaded copy? (Torrent/P2P/File Sharing)