Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound not working

• Please log in to reply

RamzaRuglia

RamzaRuglia

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
Right so my speakers arent playing any sound, nothings muted, its turned on and the speakers still work, ive checked them on a different computer. I have the latest driver for them. This is on XP btw. I have no clue what else to do so any help is welcome. Thanks

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Reinstall sound driver.

RamzaRuglia

RamzaRuglia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
EDIT: Ok i reinstalled the driver, now I dont get anymore error message, but still no sound.

Edited by RamzaRuglia, 08 November 2009 - 04:58 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You didn't say, you're getting error messages and what they're saying.
You don't have ANY sounds (internet, windows, music CD)?
Any errors in Device Manager?
Where did you get your driver from?

RamzaRuglia

RamzaRuglia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
Well error messages are gone now but they were from my music player, Zune. It just gave an error message saying no sound was found. It under audio and sound devices in the control panel every thing was grayed out.

But thats all normal now. No more error messages and sound stuff in control panel looks fine.

I have no sound what so ever. But things appear to work as if it was just muted or turned of, but I'm sure that their all turned on and not muted.

No errors in my device manager.

What I did to get it here was remove the device from the device manager and reinstall it with my computers restore disk. So the driver came from there.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I'm afraid, your sound chip has died.
You may need to get real sound card (they start @ $15).