Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A problem a friend is having with a PC help?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Cruelsummer

Cruelsummer

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi everyone im new here and have a computer problem with my friends family computer. Ok well here is the problem she has an older say Pentium III 800 Mhz computer i think? I know its an older computer but they don't use it for much and have slow dial up internet as they are in the country so would just like to get it working again.

Anyways, ok heres the situation when you press the power button all the lights flash for a little bit it seems like the power supply fan starts to work it attempts to load but then turns off.... so we flick the switch on the back of the power supply to off then to back on and attempt again it does the same thing lights up the lights on the front they flash for a little bit and then they turn off VERY RARELY does the computer actually boot up and i believe it has not been able to turn on for at least a few weeks now if not a month.

Does anyone have ANY idea what it could be????? Please any suggestions would be great.

I know the easy solution would be go out buy a brand new computer but as of right now money is tight as it is with everyone it seems so they would rather just attempt to fix this one as they only use it for minor things like chatting and such. I thank you all in advanced for any help you can give and have a nice day.

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Cruelsummer

Please do not open a topic multiple times for the same issue. you will get responses that could contradict each other. A responder in 1 topic won't know what a responder in the other topic is doing.

Please stay with http://www.geekstogo...ot-t257883.html

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Closed for the reason stated above.