Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dwwin.exe unable to locate component

• Please log in to reply

Carlosgdl

Carlosgdl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Getting the following message on my computer. Does anyone have any info?

dwwin.exe - Unable To Locate Component

This application has failed to start because .DLL was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I can not get to anything but my startup page. I keep getting the above message.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Your description is kind of vague.
Can you explain where this error shows up?
Is it in one program you try to start?
During bootup of your system or shutdown?
Can you boot into windows with no problem?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
A google search shows its a Dr watson error on shutdown.

This problem is not actually a result of anything Microsoft has done wrong. Dr. Watson is getting called up because one of the applications running crashed (or encountered some other type of error). When shutting down the computer, dwwin is forcefully closed. Any application can cause dwwin to be launched. It seems like this happens most often when applications are shutting themselves down improperly. Since the computer is shutting down anyway, dwwin gets called up and immediately shutdown.

Suggestions I have found are...
1. Find out what program is not shutting down properly. This in it self could be a task.
2. Disable it in the registry.
3. Re-install the program.
4. Run windows update.
5. Also could be a program that does not want to play nice.

Have you installed any new hardware or software?

Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in XP. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue.

Go to
Start and then click on Run
Type in eventvwr.msc and press Enter
On left side click on Applications On right side look for any RED X about the time of a incident
On left side click on System. On right side look for any Red X about the same time of a incident
Also look for any yellow exclamation mark at the same time in either of the above
If you find any double click on one at a time and take a screenshot.
To take a screenshot click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start
All Programs
Accessories
Paint
In the empty white area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Include as a attachment in your next reply
If your attachment is to big to attach then go to Mediafire .
Register and upload your file.
Then reply with the link located to the right of your now uploaded file on Mediafire

123runner