Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what does that cable do?

• Please log in to reply

hoytgirl

hoytgirl

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok this is the deal, being the cheap person i am i tried to fix my computer myself. well this is the problem now i lost the little plastic peices that hold the ribbon cables in for the keyboard and this other cable that i don't know what its for. so i have the keyboard cable held in by a peice of carboard but the only keys that work is the D and when i push it a 2 shows up and i think the 8 or nine shows a f or something weird and that other cable when u move it the screen turns a weird color but its not even hooked up. i am so confused and the computer guy by my house said those little plastic pieces are impossible to find. plese, someone any suggestions? :)

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Hi hoytgirl and welcome to Geeks to Go.

I suspect that you are talking about a laptop because a desktop does not have a ribbon cable on a Keyboard.

Is there any possible way you could take a picture of the problem and upload it?
A picture is worth a 1000 words.
save it as a jpeg because it is smaller in size.

123runner