Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

what does that cable do?

  • Please log in to reply



    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
ok this is the deal, being the cheap person i am i tried to fix my computer myself. well this is the problem now i lost the little plastic peices that hold the ribbon cables in for the keyboard and this other cable that i don't know what its for. so i have the keyboard cable held in by a peice of carboard but the only keys that work is the D and when i push it a 2 shows up and i think the 8 or nine shows a f or something weird and that other cable when u move it the screen turns a weird color but its not even hooked up. i am so confused and the computer guy by my house said those little plastic pieces are impossible to find. plese, someone any suggestions? :)
  • 0




    Member 4k

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,356 posts
Hi hoytgirl and welcome to Geeks to Go.

I suspect that you are talking about a laptop because a desktop does not have a ribbon cable on a Keyboard.

Is there any possible way you could take a picture of the problem and upload it?
A picture is worth a 1000 words.
save it as a jpeg because it is smaller in size.

  • 0

Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP