Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bootup problems

• Please log in to reply

woodland81

woodland81

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I need serious help with my PC, it took me over half an hour to get it working today. not even sure where best to ask for advice

When I switch it on im taken to a page where it says a whole loada information

Serial ATA
Port-00- HD
Port-01- CD

further down it leave me with the message floppy disk seek failure- my pc doesn't have a floppy disk
F1 continue or f2 setup.

I tried both options many times,
F1 would take me to page where i select launch startup repair or startup normally. both options , would take me to a page where id either get the blue screen of death or the page would completely freeze and have to reset the PC myself.
blue page messages one said RQL not less or equal. check hardware. another one mentioned memory management, after it had been on the page where the OS is loading because there is the progress bar.

Been having this problem for few weeks but today was the worst. normally i can select F1, startup normally and proceeds to load the pc up.
Although later in the day its normally frozen or rebooted itself

Can anyone help, i dont know if its my hard drive, or if its a memory issue, month or so ago I upgraded memory. however i reverted back to lower memory and still get the same issues.
Is a new hard drive required or is the whole system got a problem

Promised myself Id look into this sooner before it become so bad that the pc wouldnt work, just like this morning. I only use it for mostly internet, downloading and movies, so i dont think im running too much stuff that it cant cope with my demand

Hope you can help.... before pc dies again and i cant read any responses :- (

Lee

PC currently
Dell Dimension - DM061
Intel 2 6300 - 1.86ghz
Memory - 4.5gb
Vista Home Premium - service pack 2
HD - 288gb, 43gb free

Advertisements

woodland81

woodland81

• Topic Starter