Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell 922 Printing Blank Pages

• Please log in to reply

kathyg2709

kathyg2709

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi! I hope someone can help me with this problem. First, let me tell you I know very little about computers and computer terminology.

I have a Dell desktop and 922 printer. I have been having my cartridges refilled instead of purchasing new ones that are so costly. The computer does not recognize this. Whenever I print, a little window pops up to tell me the ink level is too low. I can choose to proceed or cancel. Today I noticed a little box in this window. Beside it it stated Do Not Show This Message Again or something to that effect. I checked the box, I guess because I am lazy and was tired of seeing this annoying little window. Now when I try to print the paper goes through the printer, it sounds as though it is printing, but the page comes out blank.

Any ideas as to what I did and how I can fix this problem? Remember please, that I am pretty computer illiterate. I will need to be walked through this step by step.

Many thanks to all of you devoting your free time to helping others!! You knowledge and willingness to share that knowledge is greatly appreciated!!!! :)

PS) I have tried turning printer on and off, followed the troubleshooter, turned computer off and on, updated on Dell support page and even reinstalled printer. I get nothing. I don't think the ink is empty or the head is clogged. I use the printer all the time and had just used it about a minute before I checked that box.

I just tied something I read for someone with a similar problem. I went to Print Spooler, double clicked. It was set to Automatic and service status set to Started. Description stated, "loads files to memory for later printing." Does that sound right?

Edited by kathyg2709, 09 November 2009 - 09:11 AM.

Advertisements