Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

XP Repair

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
If I want to 'repair' a XP install, I know how to do that. However, the last time I did that I lost all the serial and key nos. for other software.

MS Office, Photoshop etc refused to re-start and were asking for serial keys etc.

Is there a way to archive all the keys and serial nos. before carrying out a repair?

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP

Do you not have the serial #'s/key codes for those programs either on the cd itself or the case they came in?

• 34,114 posts
akkers I assume you are talking the same system I am assisting with in your other topic.
If this is true are you going to pursue a format and fresh install ot fix the existing issue?
We can only do one or the other as the advice given will not work for both issues.