Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Which XP pro operating system?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pinkcaddan

pinkcaddan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:) Hello to all of you from a new member here.
I need help! My Sony VAIO bought in 2007 started giving me a notice that the hard drive was going bye bye. This went on for a couple of weeks so I called SONY and because it was 3 months past warranty they offered no help. I proceeded to buy on Ebay a new hard drive and also a new keyboard because the C key quit working. All has been installed except the operating system. I ordered that from Sony ($20). Not to bad except the operating system they sent was Vista. The computer came with Windows XP Pro Which they said was not right for that computer however I explained to them that there was a tag on the back (their tag) which says Xp Pro. So they told me the xp pro discs were not availble!!! I have had an VAIO for about ten years and told them that but I might as well be talking to a door knob. No help!!!
So I went on line again now to find an xp pro system. I already have about $1700 in this computer and dont want to spend another $200.
What I need is a system for this computer and I'm a little confused as to which one to get. I don’t think a Dell system will work on this computer?? Any help here would be appreciated very much.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You already have a topic started on this question HERE
Please do not duplicate topics as this causes confusion with assistance.
This topic is closed.