Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Errors.. errors..and more errors

• Please log in to reply

Mxndva

Mxndva

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Please help me. I seem to have so many errors on my computer. Whenever I turn it on I get...................UNABLE TO LOCATE DLL............SHORTCUT ERROR......... Whenever I go in to delete some software downloaded by my kids the box popps up empty stating I have nothing on my computer. What do you think this could be??

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Could be a number of things from a problem with your hard drive to a malware infection.
Does it give you the full names of the dll files that are missing?
Also, have you tried deleting the downloads in safe mode?

Mxndva

Mxndva

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Samm thanks for responding. yeah it does give me things like messenger unable to locate dll" and some other ones. what i'll do is restart my computer and then i'll let you know. be right back.