Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Starts, Monitor's Green Light Just Blinks

• Please log in to reply

Kyujin

Kyujin

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, i'm a noob to the computer technical stuff.. Thats why I need help! =(

Okay heres the problem, everytime I start my computer, then turn my monitor on, the green light on my monitor just blinks continuously with a blank/black screen.

This is very strange.. At first I believed it was my videocard, since its a few years old.. After a few weeks I really needed to fix my computer.. I figured with a low budget, to just clean my videocard & Voila! My monitor worked!.. but with my luck, the next day it stopped working again.. :tazz:.. I've tried to clean it again, but no luck.

So I decided to get a new videocard, and my monitor continues its journey on irritating me. It still does not work.

I've also suspected it was my monitor, but i've tried it on another monitor (which im using at this moment) to see if anything would show up. Nothing, except that annoying green light that mocks me as it just blinks.

So I would appreciate GREATLY if I could recieve some help! I am currently stumped.

Advertisements

Kyujin

Kyujin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Bump

angels-high

angels-high

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi

Is it in hibernation mode ?

I get this aswell sometimes when battery has died

AH

Kyujin

Kyujin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
If 'hibernation mode' is 'standby' then no it is not in hibernation mode.

How can I tell if the battery died? And are you referring to the monitor or the power inside my computer?

Edited by Kyujin, 16 May 2005 - 09:09 PM.

Kyujin

Kyujin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Bump

nellafaye

nellafaye

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hey, i'm a noob to the computer technical stuff.. Thats why I need help! =(

Okay heres the problem, everytime I start my computer, then turn my monitor on, the green light on my monitor just blinks continuously with a blank/black screen.

This is very strange.. At first I believed it was my videocard, since its a few years old.. After a few weeks I really needed to fix my computer.. I figured with a low budget, to just clean my videocard & Voila! My monitor worked!.. but with my luck, the next day it stopped working again.. :whistling:.. I've tried to clean it again, but no luck.

So I decided to get a new videocard, and my monitor continues its journey on irritating me. It still does not work.

I've also suspected it was my monitor, but i've tried it on another monitor (which im using at this moment) to see if anything would show up. Nothing, except that annoying green light that mocks me as it just blinks.

So I would appreciate GREATLY if I could recieve some help! I am currently stumped.

nellafaye

nellafaye

• Pip
  • 3 posts
what was the problem? would someone email me please. i am having the same problem

nellafaye

nellafaye

• Pip
  • 3 posts
forgot my emailis brownbrwnl@aol.com