Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphing Calculators

• Please log in to reply

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
thank you guys so much! it may sound weird, but i find myself very excited to get this calculator!

Advertisements

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
Oh no, I assure you - it's not weird at all. :)

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
:) oh, but i forgot to ask, how does the memory work? i mean do you have to switch out games every now and then or is there enough space for alot of them?

exsalisis

exsalisis

• Pip
  • 3 posts
One thing which always made me miserable was the fact that I can't have games on my calculator. :) I have this habit where I do a reset of the calculator every few questions. :)

Chopin

Chopin

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
You'll figure it out. Memory is split into RAM and archive. Play around in the Memory menu for long enough and I'm sure you'll get it. :)

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Alright, thanks, i guess any other questions can only be answered by playing around with it. :)

carolsoucek

carolsoucek

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have a TI-84+ SE, it has plenty of memory for lots of games. That's one of the downsides of the 89, most games are for the 83 and 84. Mine came with a bunch of useless ACT study cards and other languages, once I deleted those I had lots of memory. You can (and will need to) archive your games for the memory space. Definitely get Mirage OS to handle all of the games. I also downloaded a couple other applications from the makers of mirage, such as a 3D grapher, mostly just for fun http://www.detacheds...ons.com/graph3/ . Most schools use TI for sure, I would definitely go with the 84+ SE.

Also, I am almost positive that the TI-89 is not allowed on standardized tests