Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

proxy server

• Please log in to reply

Tommyburns

Tommyburns

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I keep getting this message from a site

"You appear to be connecting through a proxy server. Your organization or ISP may use a transparent caching HTTP proxy. Please try and access the site on port 81 (this should bypass the proxy server"

I called my internet provider and they said they dont use a proxy, also someone who use's the same Internet provider as me, can access the site and join the site on there pc . any idea why I cant ?

Im able to get onto the site its when i try to sign up that i get this message

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
try port forwarding on 81, it will be inside your modem or inside your router if you are using one.

type in the IP address of your modems or router to gain access to that device

Tommyburns

Tommyburns

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
How do I port forward on 81 ? Im using a modem , but no router . I clicked on port 81 on the message I got from the site and it went to page cannot be displayed .