Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton AntiSpam 2005 Inconsistent Filtering

• Please log in to reply

Jellycat

Jellycat

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hi

Been using Norton Internet Security suite together with Norton Antispam (2005) for some time without too many probs through Outlook 2002 on XPpro svcpk2 platform.

Spam filtering has worked well until recently approx two weeks ago, (beginning May 2005) it just stopped filtering 75% of the usual stuff we get. I have patiently indicated via Outlook what is spam etc but it behaves now as if it does not want to "learn" anymore!

No appreciable changes have been made to the system (Hardware or software)and all usual auto updating is carried out as and when available.

I am considering re-setting the spam training engine and starting again. Before I do this, I would like to hear from anyone else who has experienced this problem lately and any solutions or workarounds.

Cheers
Patrick
St Andrews Scotland

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well here are some suggestions from symantec:

optioni 1

have your run liveupdate recently?