Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Could Use a Hand Upgrading

• Please log in to reply

PapaCody

PapaCody

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, thanks in advance for helping me out. I have minimal understanding of computers so I dare not attempt to mess with this particular issue. A few months ago I tried to add more RAM to my computer but found my power supply couldn't handle it..and it fried. So, I'm looking to play some of the new games coming out but they require a better graphics card than what I have!

My question is, if I get a new video card, will I also need to upgrade my power supply? If so, would I perhaps need to upgrade anything else? I only have a $250ish budget.

Some info on my computer (if needed)

CPU: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
1.7 GB of RAM
305W power supply

Advertisements