Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Urgent. Please Help With Windows 7.

• Please log in to reply

system32

system32

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I recently installed Windows 7 Professional 32Bit on my ASUS M50VM-1A Laptop and no drivers are installed. I cant even get the CD/DVD Drive to show up in the explorer, there is no power to it. Where can I get the drivers to everything to work?

How do I fix the CD/DVD problem?

Thanks

Edited by system32, 12 November 2009 - 03:03 PM.

Advertisements

Sometimes needs help

Sometimes needs help

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts
Hello, My name is Sometimes needs help and I will help answer your problem.

I am sorry to say that your laptop devices are not compatible with Windows 7. You will not find any drivers anywhere for this reason. I am sorry that I cannot help.

- Sometimes needs help

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Actually Windows 7 is pretty good, if it didn't pick everything up off the fly then you should be able to get Vista drivers to work with it. Head on over to the ASUS website, I can't see Windows 7 drivers listed there but all the Vista drivers were listed.

Any operating system should pickup the hard drive, CD drive etc... Does it actually work at all? Did it used to work before installing Windows 7?