Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video Card Help?

• Please log in to reply

guest006

guest006

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I just recently bought a new video card , Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT , and need help . I don't know what's going on , I put the video card into my PCI-Express x16 Slot , and it appears the fan is spinning on the card so that means the card is plugged in right .

So then I boot my computer , and then I place the installation cd in , and I press "Install Drivers" , but it won't work , all it says is "The Graphics Adapter installed in the system is not compatible with the current set of drivers" .

So I go to the installation cd menu , and it appears to say "Installed Graphics Adapter: Not Found"

I don't know what's wrong , I really want to get this working so I can play some pc games , which is what I bought this video card for . Please help . Thanks .

Advertisements

guest006

guest006

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Here are pictures to help . Please help . Thanks .

http://i385.photobuc...8/untitled2.jpg

http://i385.photobuc.../untitled-1.jpg

:)

Edited by guest006, 13 November 2009 - 05:34 AM.

guest006

guest006

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Anybody know the solution ? :)

guest006

guest006

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Well , no one helped :) , but I found the solution . :)

It appeared that the PCI-Express card was not compatible with my computer , in other words , it doesn't work with my kind of computer because I DIDN'T HAVE a PCI-Express x16 slot . So I had to go out and buy a different kind of graphics card because I had a APG slot instead . Well , that's really the story .

Hope my response will help others in the future . :)

Duces !