Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

high tempuratures

• Please log in to reply

antiherodave

antiherodave

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
hi,
i just upgraded (at least i thought i was but not so sure now) from a gigabyte motherboard and core 2 duo e8400 3 ghz to a new gigabyte motherboard and core i7-920 lga 1366 2.66 ghz. my new Gigabyte EX58-UD3R
is running @ 78 to 90 degrees C, my processor temp is 32 degrees C, but each core is at a range of 79 to
95 degrees C, and my gpu fan was at 100%, now @ 40%(but keeping the same temps as before). this seems abnormal to me and i am scared that something is gonna burn up. i have ordered
some thermal compound remover and polish, new thermal compound, a new cpu cooler, two intake fans, and a
system fan that is pci slot (i have a pci slot open above my video card). was this a good move or am
i overreacting?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
With all due respect, I don't see how you can have an overall temperature of 32 degrees when your software claims each core is running at 79.
What software are you using to get these figures please?

antiherodave

antiherodave

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
no problem my friend! i use pc wizard to get those numbers. and now i have installed the cpu fan and the pci fan and and some artic cool thermal compound and it is cooling great!it is at 33 C for the cpu, each core is at 40 to 50 C, and the mainboard is at 37 C! actually, i think i was getting the original temps due to my cpu fan not being anchored securly to the motherboard. rookie mistake. but i really like my new cooling system and i have overclocked my cpu to 3.2 no problem! my computer is rockin' now!