Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Freezing mouse(mice)

• Please log in to reply

puzzledb

puzzledb

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
Hello RSHAFFER61,
I got fed up with trying to solve the problem of the frozen mouse on my computer.
After 1 year of using other machines I decided to hand it over to a repair shop.
The fault appears to be on the motherboard which has caused all 6 of the USB outlets to cease working.I had got this far myself.
The repair guy said that it would be possible with enough time and effort to find the exact cause but this would too expensive to warrant
doing it and there was a quicker and more easy way.So he took out the card carrying the internal modem which was not being used as we have
Broadband using an external modem.Into the empty slot he put a 5 outlet USB card. And lo and behold it starting working fine.
Installing a new motherboard would have been much more expensive.
Many thanks for your patience and efforts and to all other helpers.

With best regards.

Dave.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are correct it would have eventually been found but your steps were much faster.
I'm glad you got it resolved and everything is now working.
Thank you for allowing me to assist you and for the patience and understanding you showed through all the steps we took.