Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help!

• Please log in to reply

rickmanos

rickmanos

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My brother recently decided to test his new ram in my pc as it wasnt working in his, unfortunately it didnt work and now ive put the original ram back in it keeps randomly blue screening especially when trying to play the new mw2. also strangely if i do manage to play mw2 without it crashing it freezes and i lose all sound on the whole pc and have to restart to get it back.
ive tried running memtest but with both 1gb sticks in the test just restarts and when i try them separately the test goes fine but i still have the same problems upon start-up (blue screen, loss of sound) ive also updated all my bios from the manufacturers website with no luck.
does anyone havve any ideas what else i should try doing.
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

mgabriel

mgabriel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
What type of Ram do you have? are they both the same?

Edited by mgabriel, 14 November 2009 - 02:21 PM.