Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Starting up problem..

• Please log in to reply

hybucket

hybucket

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Starting up problem..
Just started today - no new stuff added.
When I start up, I get the windows screen saying it needs to "check file and folders," but at the bottom of the screen where it gives the percentage scanned, it stays at zero, and after a couple of minutes, goes to a blue screen and and says "machine_check_exception STOP:OV000009c,."whatever that means.
If I hit anything on the keyboard (on the first screen) before it attempts to scan, it starts up fine, and runs fine. I tried defrag and doing the "correct errors" thing in My Computer.
I used to get this if the computer was not shut down properly, but it would scan up to 100%. Now it does not start the scan if I let it go thru. ANy one have any ideas how to correct this, or should I expect the whole thing to crash if I keep using it this way?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Advertisements