Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gordian Knot Question

• Please log in to reply

vittorio

vittorio

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
hi all, i got a hold of gordian knot and smart ripper today. I'm trying to back all of my anime up to my hard drive so i can pack the discs away, and not risk wear and tear on them. smart ripper did a good job by ripping the episodes by chapters. i get all the way to the end of encoding with gordian knot, but when i finally go to encode, i can set up the audio fine, but when i click on first and second pass on the xvid codec, nothing happens. I end up getting the audio and no video, with a range check error. Do I have to have the xvid codec, or does it come with the gordian knot package? thanks for the tips.

Advertisements

vittorio

vittorio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
hi guys, turned out i needed to download the codec pack 1.9 for gordian knot. Encoded my first episode today and cut the file in half without loosing any quality. For some reason the audio is low, but i think there is a boost feature somewhere, so I'm gonna play around with that some more when i get off work.

vittorio

vittorio

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
got the files down to 350 MB with 5.1 surround sound audio, i use my 360 controller as a mouse with my keymapper when im laying in bed watching movies on my laptop, seems the volume issue was because i fell asleep with the controller and accidently turned down the master volume on my computer lol. So, gordian knot works great for re-encoding audio and video files to avi, ogm, and mkv formats. Also fairly easy to use. It took me a few hours to figure out once i got the codecs without any internet tutorials or guides. Best of all its all freeware, and from what I've read works better than most programs you can buy.