Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System halts with Win7 64 bit

• Please log in to reply

mrtypr

mrtypr

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Ok Im trying to solve 2 problems here and whilst trying to narrow down the first problem another one occurred

First problem:

I installed Windows 7 64 bit onto a new 1TB WD Sata 2 Hard drive, I left my old Seagate IDE hard drive plugged in that had Winxp on it

Every now and then for some reason my system used to crash and make a sound like a blue screen of death but It didnt display a blue screen it just restarted. So disabled auto restart on system failure to try and see a blue screen message next time it happens. But instead when it crashed again it freezes my PC for about 3 secs, makes a sound like a Blue screen of death but then it manages to recover itself.

Now i went into event viewer check what the error might be, the error it was displaying on these crashes were detailed as this:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly. Kernel Power.

Second problem:
I dont think it was a power issue as i have a 650 watt power supply, but i tried to disconnect my old IDE hard drive to drain some power. But now the system wont boot it says SYSTEM BOOT FAILURE PLS INSERT DISK TO BOOT etc..

The bios is detected my sata hard drive as master 0 but it wont boot from it. I think it may have something to do when i intalled win 7 with 2 hard drives plugged in with WinXP on my old IDE hard drive

Now I have definently installed all latest hardware drivers for my system that are 64 bit so im not really sure whats going on with the crashes
Here is attached a dxdiag for my system specs

thanks in advance

Attached Files

Advertisements

mrtypr

mrtypr

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
No one can help ? :)