Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem Installing Office 2007 on Win7

• Please log in to reply

pastorbobbyp

pastorbobbyp

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have Windows 7 Ultimate installed on a Gateway desktop. When I try to install either Office 2007 Enterprise or Office 2010 Technical Review versions it gets a short way into the installation then quits and simply informs me that I have an error. There is no error number or any indication for why the installation failed. I have successfully used the 2007 DVD to install the product on a Vista machine since getting the error, so I believe this would rule out a media problem, however, just in case, I copied the files to the hard drive of the computer with the same results. I have also tried setting the compatibility back to xp sp2, running the install as Administrator, re-installing Windows 7 then repeating all of these steps. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, any luck overcoming it? I am currently using OpenOffice for my office suite and Yahoo Zimbra for my email and calendaring needs, which is sufficient. I guess I just hate to give up on something.

Advertisements