Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runescape HD anti - aliase 4x problem

• Please log in to reply

rei158

rei158

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hey, I have this problem you see. Usually I can play runescape on HD and anti-aliased 4x. But now when i play it on 4x the screen freezes goes for a moment like a scribbled screen and then turn backs on.I can play it on anti aliased 2x. And the same thing is with Vista chess game. It does the same thing. I have ATI Radeon 3600 HD series. I have updated the drivers but it doesnt help.

Attached Thumbnails

• HELP.jpg

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you can try reinstalling the driver...
nojoy
try gpu-z here
get a screenshot and post it for us
it may be a heat issue so go here and download Everest Home Edition 1.51...launch it and click on the + beside computer...click on sensor...get a screenshot and post it for us...

rei158

rei158

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hi, I am back. Got the screenshot with GpuZ. But if I tried Everest and i clicked on the sensor the page was just blank. Just in case i put the Everest screenshot too. But I don't think it is a much of a heat problem. But I just remembered something. The computer's umm.. electricity block or something like that its the thing that brings the higher electricity to lower...erm-I am not so good with "computer english". It burned out because there were voltage jumping. So my family replaced it with a new one. And maybe from that time the problem is occuring. I suppose it's a option too.
I have tried the reinstall option but it doesn't help.
Thanks, :) :)

Attached Thumbnails

• GpuZ.jpg
  • Blank_page.jpg

Edited by rei158, 12 December 2009 - 02:58 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here and get SpeedFan...
run it and get a screenshot for us

rei158

rei158

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Got the screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails

• Speedfan.jpg

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
leave speedfan running minimized in the system tray...play your game with 2X AA for ten minutes or so...bring up speedfan and get a screenshot...then try 4X AA for a few minutes and get a screenshot of speedfan again
post both screenshots

rei158

rei158

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Got the screenshot with 2X AA. But the problem is when I play Runecape with 4X the screen immediately freezes and scrambles. It's like white lines and black lines but mixed. And same with Vista chess. On maxed graphics it immediately freezes and scrambles too. I have to a little bit back of the graphics and the game works. So far I haven't got problems with other games. I don't want to do that again but if I must then I will because one time the vista theme was blurry all over the place.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2X_AA.jpg

Edited by rei158, 13 December 2009 - 11:50 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the little fire on the 2 temp shows something is getting hot...
try everest again...this time make sure you click on sensor...it should turn dark indicating you have selected it...

rei158

rei158

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Still it doesn-t show anything. Hmm. about the hot... I can boost the fan up a little in the BIOS. I tooked it a bit down becaused it made alot of noise

Edited by rei158, 14 December 2009 - 07:27 AM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
yep... turning up the fan speed does make more noise
but I bet if you think back your problem started around that time..turn it up to see if your video card runs cooler and will allow you to use 4X AA...

Advertisements

rei158

rei158

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
No it didn't. Tried cooler but still. I'' try to describe it: I change it to 4X AA and then in a second the mouse freezes -technically the whole screen freezes and the screen goes black and blurry with white and black stripes for like 0.1 second. I don't like the look of this..

rei158

rei158

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Hey, I did a little research of my own. I found the problem but like it's maybe with other games too. But I don't think it is overheating. Then it should happen with other games too, right? RS isn't very much to graphics. I think there is a problem deep inside the system.
Click here

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
that link said the cards affected did not include your video card...

rei158

rei158

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Okay. But do you have a clue of the problem?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
if I had your system on my bench I would throw in a different video card and see if it had problems too...
I think its a overheating problem with the video card