Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Runescape HD anti - aliase 4x problem

• Please log in to reply

rei158

rei158

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Yeah, okay. I thought I send a letter to ATI. Maybe they can help.

Advertisements

rei158

rei158

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
I think if I don't get this thing solved, it's not a big deal after all. If I can play other games perfectly and these not it isn't a tragedy. But I'd like to fix this any how.

Edited by rei158, 15 December 2009 - 01:52 PM.

rei158

rei158

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Well I thought maybe this thing can help you... But if not then just response then I'll know were done.

Attached Thumbnails

• Last_things.jpg

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
it just confirms what I think...the video card is causing the problem...if playing your games at higher AA & AF settings is important to you just upgrade the card...they are really cheap right now...check these benchmarks out here...they are not just faster..they draw less power and run cooler

Techextreme

Techextreme

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
I don't mean to intrude on this topic but thought this may also be worth looking at.

Most video cards today run on the 1.5V line of the power supply. As you stated,

The computer's umm.. electricity block or something like that its the thing that brings the higher electricity to lower...erm-I am not so good with "computer english". It burned out because there were voltage jumping. So my family replaced it with a new one. And maybe from that time the problem is occuring.

The power supply must have enough amperage and voltage to run everything in your computer. If you look at your first screen shot of heat and voltages,
Posted Image
You have 40C and your 1.5V is only registering .94V.

In the next screen shot:
Posted Image
You now have 51C reading HOT and your 1.5V is now only .93V. This voltage being low all the time no matter whether you're playing a game or just sitting there with the desktop only will make your video card work very hard to do its job. Thus resulting in higher temperatures. Higher temperatures result in anomalies ( garbage on the screen or lockups ).

I would recommend revisiting the power supply and possible replacement with a much better unit and once again retest. It is possible that you have not done too much damage to the video card and you will again be able to turn your anti-aliasing back up to where you want it.

If your problems still persist after replacing the power supply it is possible that you have caused too much stress to the video processor and damaged it resulting in need of replacing the video card also.

Hope this helps,

Edited by Techextreme, 16 December 2009 - 09:14 AM.

rei158

rei158

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Wow, I think that reallt may be the problem because this problem started many months ago and the only explanation must be the new power supply thank you... but erm I' cant get a new one soon. I'm just a kid..:)

Techextreme

Techextreme

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
You may want to explain to your parents what you have found on here and that the possibility is there to cause more damage and have the cost be even larger than what it may be now.

The choice is yours but sooner or later something is going to give in your machine.

Under powering a machine with voltage = parts must work harder to do their job = reduced life and or failure.