1) Many page errors on various websites (for example):
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 17:11:49 UTC
Message: 'ipsmenu' is undefined
Message: Object expected
2) Slow loading of certain web pages
3) Occassional slow page load turns into no connection resulting in the windows diagnose connection problem. Diagnosis always shows no problem
The connection is know to be good as other computers on my home network do NOT have any problems so this apparently is isolated to this particular PC. The connection speed on the PC doesn't seem to be an issue either as various web speedtests show upwards of 3MB/Sec download and 1MB/Sec upload. Both network and CPU utilization during the slow page loading are extremely low.
I have tried the following to fix this issue with no luck:
1) Defrag HD
2) Uninstall and reinstall IE8. IE7 (between uninstall and reinstall showed almost 100% CPU utilization and therefore wasn't any faster)
3) Removing and reinstalling Eset firewall and anti-virus. No improvement when it wasn't installed.
4) Installing Firefox as the browser (slow as well)
5) Removing windows defender
6) Disabling IE8 add-ins. Some improvement noted here but hard to tell...
7) Cleaning temp files with the advised tool
8) Running malwarebyte's removal tool. It found 3 adware items which were removed with no change
9) Running eset virus scan with nothing found
At this point, I've got lots of time invested in this problem with little results and would appreciate additional guidance...