Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Monitor Resolution Issue

• Please log in to reply

mubai

mubai

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hello All,
I am new to this forum. I am familiar with Forums since I belong to a car forum: www.trailvoy.com. It's been very helpful for me and I've also been able to contribute a great deal. I'm hoping to do the same here.

My issue is a I recently purchased a new monitor: Samsung 23" SyncMaster P2370. I built my computer a while back 4 years ago. I run a Radeon 7000 video card, 1 GB of RAM, Intel P4 CPU 3.4GHz and an INTEL D915PBL.

My issue is that icons and text is a little blurry. Anyway to fix this? Should I buy a new video card? (I'm planning on hooking this up to my cable so I can watch TV on my monitor. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
~M

Advertisements

mgabriel

mgabriel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I would get a new video card if i was going to hook my cable up to it. I'm your video card probably has a 32MB or a 64MB ddr memory. There are new graphic cards out there that are 1GB. If you want better picture quality i would upgrade the graphic card especially if your have a LCD monitor

Edited by mgabriel, 14 November 2009 - 03:11 PM.

mubai

mubai

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

I would get a new video card if i was going to hook my cable up to it. I'm your video card probably has a 32MB or a 64MB ddr memory. There are new graphic cards out there that are 1GB. If you want better picture quality i would upgrade the graphic card especially if your have a LCD monitor

ok going to go down that path. Next question, which one? Pocket book friendly please. :-)

mgabriel

mgabriel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
There are many to choose from. I would stick with radeon since you are already know how to work with it. I buy my parts from www.newegg.com. They are good with their prices.

mgabriel

mgabriel

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
There are many to choose from. I would stick with radeon since you are already know how to work with it. I buy my parts from www.newegg.com. They are good with their prices.