Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

show quick launch

• Please log in to reply

terryco

terryco

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
every now and then when i turn on the quick launch logos arn't there. i go to control panel and check show quick launch and all is fine untill perhaps two or three times after i switch on and they have gone again i run xp i would be gratefull for advice

Advertisements

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Perhaps your machine is infected with spyware. Spyware at times, can change settings or disrupt the operation of a certain program. Have you checked your machine out with Ad-aware and spybot?

If not, it might be a good idea. At the start of geektogo.com, it has a page of listed programs to download.

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
thanks for advice, i have downloaded spybot and had 28 infections. i have mcafee security and i thought that would stop any intrusions. many thanks

John_Doe

John_Doe

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
Anti-Virus works to prevent virus infection not spyware infection as you have learned.

Post back, let us know if that fixed anything.

terryco

terryco

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
all seems ok at the moment, ill get back if there are any changes. thanks