Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer AL712 Faulty Monitor display problem

• Please log in to reply

Repete456

Repete456

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, even though it is not connected to the PC, when switched on the display comes up, but after a few seconds the display changes to a wide blue bar down the middle and then shortly goes off. I am guessing that it is advising that there is no signal.

For an image of the display problem, click this Link: http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink

It is similar to having a sync incompatibility with a CRT monitor. So, since there is little information on the internet about it, I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem and knows what it is called? I am looking for a solution.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
What happens when you connect it to a computer?

Repete456

Repete456

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Same result, just a different pattern as there are windows and icons on the screen. As I stated earlier, it appears as similar to where there is no sync on a CRT screen because you selected the incorrect frequency or resolution, but there is no way to change this as it occurs whether connected to a PC or not. Therefore, I am working on the theory that there is a problem in the circuit and would like to know more information as to for what I am searching. Thanks.