This is my first technical post, I am not familiar with regards hardware configurations and bios, so if anyone is kind enough to help or can help, please go easy on me ... many thanks.
- PC = Pentium 2 (or equivalent) with windows XP originally loaded onto it
- I have used a "TINY Reload/Backup CD Verion 1 (8.3)" to wipe my pc ready to give to a friend for his son.
- It will not boot up now, it stops at "Verifying DMI Pool Data...... Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM: Failure... "
- The Reload/Backup CD Version 1 (8.3) could be from the first tiny computer we had purchased the year before (we had two in total), as on the execution of said disk it said windows 98 in small letters in top left hand corner of screen? Though I'm no expert I wonder if the older pc (scrapped long ago) had the older windows system on it?
- I may have needed to use an accompanying floppy disk, which I did not use or have? As at the end of system restore using aforementioned tiny disk it said "Please remove CD/floppy disk and press any key to reboot" now this could have meant either/or, or both?? Again I'm not an expert but thought this may help? Apologies if it doesn't.
So as I mentioned I used a TINY reload/backup CD to wipe my pc ready to give to a friend, for his young son to use, with the intention of resetting to factory standards, I think this may have been a grave mistake as I have just ready some horrible posts re: tiny/time pc's (this pc is 8 yrs old).
Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.