Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

problem with (down)loading

• Please log in to reply

butterflybabie

butterflybabie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Is there any other way to download Chipset, because it requires to download this program first, which is 372Mb big and with my problem with downloading, it will take about 2 days to get it.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I am not sure what you are asking. The file is the one I suggested but I'm not sure what you would want me to do.

butterflybabie

butterflybabie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Oh, nevermind, I got it. I downloaded it. Now what should I do? How do I install everything?

Edited by butterflybabie, 12 December 2009 - 08:45 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It should be a exe file so when you click on it then it should do everything on it's own.

butterflybabie

butterflybabie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
So I clicked on AsusSetup.exe and Instal Shield Wizard shows up, but it doesn't do aynthing. I think settings should show up, but the wizard just goes off.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Usually nothing to do with a chipset setup.
Have you rebooted since installing?
If not then please do so then check Device Manager for yellow exclamation marks again.

butterflybabie

butterflybabie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
It's installed now, but my problem with slow download speed remains :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What about in Device Manager, is anything showing any yellow exclamation or red x's?

Go to Speedtest.net and run 3 different server tests.
1st test from a server close to you.
2nd test from a server across the country from you.
3rd test from a server across the world from you.
Please post the results for both uploading and downloading results each of the above tests.
What is your ISP connection speed? DSL or Cable?
Do you know what your mb up and down speeds are suppose to be from you ISP?

butterflybabie

butterflybabie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
No, there aren't any red x's nor yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager. I have cable and download/uplod speed suppose to be 1.00 Mb/s

Results of speed tests:

- server close to me (Ljubljana): download 1.00Mb/s, upload 1.03Mb/s
- server across the country from me (Maribor): download 1.04Mb/s, upload 1.06Mb/s
- server across the world from me (Los Angeles): download 0.15mb/s, upload 1.02Mb/s (I tried servers in Sydney and Rio de Janeiro as well and the results were pretty much the same)

- I also did a speed test from a server in other European country (Athens, Greece): download 0.30Mb/s, upload 1.03Mb/s

Edited by butterflybabie, 20 December 2009 - 04:54 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The results are consistent with your speed being stable. Seeing that you stated you are on a cable connection then are you using a router or a cable modem?
Either way I would say that the problem lies within the connection and not within your system itself. I just went throught his same issue with my ISP and after weeks of arguing with them they finally decided I was right and that their router was defective. They come out and in 30 minutes replaced my router and now my speed is up to where it should be. ISP's are not going to admit they have faulty equipment and I would again ask them to replace the router or modem.

Advertisements

butterflybabie

butterflybabie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Is it possible the problem is in modem? Because, I tried to plug the computer directly into the modem and the internet is very, very slow. Almost stops working.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes as I stated above it would imply the same if you have a dialup modem also.

butterflybabie

butterflybabie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I made calls to my ISP twice and they assured me the problem is not on their side, that it has to be my software. I honestly don't know anymore what to do.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
First you said this:

I have cable and download/uplod speed suppose to be 1.00 Mb/s

Then you said this:

Results of speed tests:

- server close to me (Ljubljana): download 1.00Mb/s, upload 1.03Mb/s
- server across the country from me (Maribor): download 1.04Mb/s, upload 1.06Mb/s
- server across the world from me (Los Angeles): download 0.15mb/s, upload 1.02Mb/s (I tried servers in Sydney and Rio de Janeiro as well and the results were pretty much the same)

- I also did a speed test from a server in other European country (Athens, Greece): download 0.30Mb/s, upload 1.03Mb/s

According to what you stated you are getting exactly what you are suppose to be getting. :)

butterflybabie

butterflybabie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I just found out ISP increased download speed to 6 Mb/s, upload remains the same.
I connected other computer to my internet connection, did speedtests (tried servers in Ljubljana and Athens download 6.01Mb/s, upload 1.02Mb/s) tried downloading/viewing videos and everything works fine. So obviously the problem is with my computer. I did speedtests with my computer and download speed was around 1.00Mb/s.