Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mouse and keyboard not working. usb not working?

• Please log in to reply

Clueless101

Clueless101

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
hi, bought myself a new monitor which i plugged in and booted up my system (xp pro sp3) and everything worked perfectly - the next day after shutting it down, when ever i turn the pc on the mouse and keyboard do not work. both are usb and the mobo had no ps2 sockets so i cant try using those. i have tried various different usb keyboards and mice, none of which have any effect.

none of the lights come on on the keyboard or the optical mouse however i can use the keyboard during the booting stage to access the bios which assures me that a keyboard and mouse are connected.

i attempted to access safe mode by hitting f8 (?) but that took me to a boot list rather than boot options - (it gave me choices of which of my hdd's or dvd drives i wanted to boot from instead of options to boot to safe mode etc)

any ideas?! thanks very much for your time

Advertisements