Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Original State after reinstalling OS

• Please log in to reply

jkashlak

jkashlak

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I hope somebody can help. My computer was totally corrupted yesterday from a virus. I couldn't even start it up in safe mode to delete the virus. I reinstalled the Windows XP operating system but of course no drivers were installed. Upon further research today I come to find out all I had to do was press Ctrl F11 to restore to orginal state, software included. My question is can I still go into the computer today and press ctrl F11 and be able to reinstall to original state or did I ruin this by reinstalling the OS? Thanks for your help.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
As long as you didn't delete all of the partitions that were in place on the drive when you did your reinstall you should be able to run the built in recovery (if it exists)....

jkashlak

jkashlak

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
There were 3 partitioned drives. I selected the C which was my basic C drive on my computer. I didn't touch the other 2 partitioned drives one was titled F. This is a dell so I did have a alot of software I lost doing the windows install. I hoping this will work today.