Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

XP system freezes on boot

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I have a disk imaging software program that I was upgrading to the current version. The new version did not install right and crashed my XP system boot. I contacted the software company and they gave me the help to reinstall a prior disk image and get the old version off my system and the new version loaded. It works great now. But, I have another problem. One of the the things that I did was to install new drivers for their software, supplied by the software company. After installing the snap API drivers. My computer, after doing a "cold boot" stops loading at anytime during or after the XP window loads. This always happens before the welcome screen. This does not happen any other time I boot, other than the first time (i.e. cold boot). I ran "fixmbr" and "fixboot" from the repair console off of the XP CD. I also ran Sysinternals Defragmenter. Both of these did not help. Should I remove and or reinstall the API drivers? I have also recontacted the software company, but would like other input too. I am running XP, SP2 all updates, and no other problems. Also, no software malware infection.

Thanks for any and all help in advance,