Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need MP6954 Gateway recovery cd

• Please log in to reply

cbmm

cbmm

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a laptop Gateway MP6954 with Windows Xp media center 2005. My recovery cd from gateway is damaged and Gateway says they no longer make the recovery cd for my system. My computer died and I tried to reformat and reload operating system but found out the cd was damaged. So now I have a dead laptop with no operating system. Anyone know where I can get a recovery Cd for my Gateway Laptop MP6954?

Advertisements

Germando

Germando

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hi,

Not sure where you can get a recovery CD. But you could buy a copy of xp and then download the proper drivers from the web.

Thanks
G

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Have you tried going HERE put in your serial number and download all the drivers for your system?
Does your laptop have a sticker on the bottom of it with the OS type and reg key?
If so borrow a OS of the same type and use your reg key to activate.
Burn the drivers to a cd and you should have everything you need.

markcrawford

markcrawford

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I found this site with Gateway Recovery CD's for sale. Most of them around $25. You must have the OEM sticker on your pc with a valid license number.
http://www.restoredisks.com