Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Fatal error when trying to install Diskeeper Pro!

• Please log in to reply

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I was given the Diskeeper Pro defragg program for free by a friend. When trying to run set up, I received a "Fatal error" message and it would go no further. My friend said I needed to install .net FrameWork 3.5 and then Diskeeper would set up with no problems. WRONG WRONG WRONG! It still won't set up I still get that fatal error. Diskeeper comes in zip format. I have PKZIP. Is that the problem? Do I need a better zip file extractor? I want Diskeeper, as I've been told by a PC "expert" that this is the best defragg utility available. Maybe he is wrong, and if so, does anyone know of a Free zip program that is as good as Diskeeper or at least close? I'd really rather not have to pay for a defragg program especially after my frustration with Diskeeper. (note: In case I got a bad file, I deleted Diskeeper and then downloaded it again, only to received the fatal error notice AGAIN. Can anyone PLEASE help me? I'd sure appreciate it. :)

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Diskkeeper Lite is the freeware version of Diskkeeper.

Give that a try.

Murray

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts
Another good free one is Auslogics Defrag