Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Would getting a new hard drive solve my problems?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with Windows Vista and I have been getting many BSOD's lately. I was wondering what I could replace in my computer, or what I can do to stop getting BSOD's. Would getting a new hard drive help? Or replacing the RAM?
I can turn on my computer but it stays at the Windows Vista loading screen without going anywhere. I also cannot boot on safe mode or safe mode with networking because once I click it and it shows the list of everything that is loading, it stays there. I would also like to add that my laptop has overheated many times which I'm sure is destroying the hard drive.

Again my question is if getting a new hard drive would solve this problem? Or is it RAM? Or is it something else I can do?

Any help is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by trishh, 16 November 2009 - 04:58 PM.

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
How many topics are you going to start about very same issue?

Topic closed.