Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Speed Up My Brand New Comp....

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I got the HP Pavilion dv7-2185DX and judging by the specs:

Processor- 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Quad Core Q9000
Memory- 6GB, 800MHz DDR2
Hard drive- 500GB 7,200rpm
Chipset Mobile Intel PM45 Express Chipset
Graphics- 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650
Operating system- Windows Vista Premium (64-bit)

you would expect it to run rather smoothly. It typically does everything just fine, but, for example, when i watch an hd video on youtube (fully buffered) it jumps while it plays. My roommate uses a macbook pro and his youtube player never jumps and we're using the same internet connection. Are there any tweaks i could make to get better performance? Or would upgrading to 7 help me out any (i can get it for $15 so i might do it anyways)?

Thanks in advance!

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

For a start try to update your graphic card with latest drivers and make sure you have latest adobe flash player.

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.micro...s/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Go File>Save, and save AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
Attach the file to your next reply.