Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The best advice for a gaming computer!

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hello guys, here again with one last question ... i've wondering about building my own computer with the best components of course, i just want you to tell me wat kinda computer should i get for a programmer and gamer like me i will really appreciate if u can make a nice topic for me about wat are the best components for this kinda computer that im looking for.
i've been searching on the internet and i happened to see this serious and interesting website : http://www.digitalst...CFc5L5QodNh-LpA
if u go to desktops and select the red one u will se 4 types of computer specially designed for gaming.
so i want u to tell me wat will be the best components for an extreme gaming computer even better than this one :
http://www.digitalst...d.asp?id=334411
or u can tell me which one from this website is gonna be an extreme gaming computer but i need u to be honest with me i dont care about the price but im not expecting a price over 3000$ i just want a CPU but really powerful for gaming ... and i also want u to tell me where can i buy this components for a cheap price so please guys i want u to tell me which one will be the best one and if u can tell bout a decent and powerful computer components ill be really thankful. if u need more info from wat i want please let me know, thank u in advance and have a wonderful day. :)

Edited by brady1988, 16 November 2009 - 09:18 PM.

Advertisements

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
I was expecting some help on this topic but looks like nobody wants to help me out with this. :)

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
can somebody help me pls! :)

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Alright I'll throw a system up for you. With my last system being Intel / nVidia I am going to create a list based on intel/nvidia with an option ati gfx card. I will be omiting the following items from the list since it is either ascetics or personal preference, case, hard drive, optical drive, operating system.

All prices and parts are found on newegg.com

I'll get the Graphics Cards out of the way since I'll show you 2 good cards IMO (one nVidia and another ATI)

First off is the

XFX GX295NHWFC GeForce GTX 295 It will run you about $510.00 Per Card You can use this card in a SLi or Tri-SLi Setup
2nd Card is
HIS H587F1GDG Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) about $400.00 a card or (since it's out of stock) Anything under this sort

Now on to the CPU
Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz

You really didn't set any specific amounts of ram so I choose 6gb (unless you want more)
CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

For a PSU I've had good luck with corsair. If you plan on doing tri-sli or serious overclocking of the rig I recommend something 800watt+ I personally have their 1000watt model (which I am going to suggest)
CORSAIR CMPSU-1000HX 1000W ATX12V 2.2 This will handle anything you throw at it and more.

I know I've left off a few components (listed above) But they are more of a personal preference components. I could suggest a 160gb HD but you may want more. And cases for me, just plain black solid steel no plastic where as some people will want a pretty case.

And for an Operating System I highly recommend Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I hope my list helps you in the direction your looking. I'd suggest take a look around newegg.com come up with a system that you want and we can tell you if it works or not. And/or make suggestions to help you out.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hey there, thank u for asnwer my post i really appreciate it ... now take a look at this:
Posted Image
im not sure is thats a good choice but i would appreciate it if u give me some advices on this :
http://www.digitalst...d.asp?id=334411
now like i said before i just want an extreme gaming computer but not too expensive " decent "
forgot bout wat i did and try to customize it the way u want nd the way u think is the best+ the price
" i just want a CPU nd nothing else " .... i also wanted to ask u wat if i pay through www.billmelater.com i heard i can pay like every month but i dont know if they are associated with this website http://www.digitalstormonline.com or newegg.com , u tell me wat to do .

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
This post is from : https://www.cyberpow...o...D=6558&PN=2

BLUETOOTH: ( i want one)
# CD: LG 22X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive [-29] (BLACK COLOR)
# CD2: LG 22X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)
# CAS: CoolerMaster Storm Sniper Mid-Tower Gaming Case [+38] (Original Color)
# CASUPGRADE: NONE
# CS_FAN: (liquid fans)
# CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-975 Extreme Edition 3.33 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366 [+460] ( wat about the extreme one?)
# FAN: CoolerMaster V8 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent Operation at only 22dBA + Overclock Proof) [+4](liquid)
# FREEBIE_RM: None
# FA_HDD: None
# FLASHMEDIA: None
# FLOPPY: NONE
# FREEBIE_OS: None
# HDD: Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
# HDD2: NONE
# IEEE_CARD: NONE
# KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard(ill buy one from razer)
# MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse(i already have one)
# MODEM: NONE
# MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
# MONITOR: NONE
# MONITOR2: NONE
# MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) GigaByte GA-EX58-UD5 Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Ultra Durable™3 Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/ eSATA [+129]
# MEMORY: 12GB (2GBx6) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module [+212] (Corsair Dominator [+117])(how about 160gb?)
# NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
# OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
Why Overclock a Computer?

The primary benefit of overclocking is additional computer performance without the increased cost. Most individuals who overclock their system either want to try and produce the fastest desktop system possible or to extend their computer power on a limited budget. In some cases, individuals are able to boost their system performance 25% or more! For example, a person may buy something like an AMD 2500+ and through careful overclocking end up with a processor that runs at the equivalent processing power as a AMD 3000+, but at a greatly reduced cost. why dont we do this ?

# OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
# OS_UPGRADE: None
# POWERSUPPLY: Corsair Power Supplies [+13] (1,000 Watts HX1000W Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+137])
# PRINTER: None
# PRINTER_CABLE: None
# RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
# SOFT1: Free 60 Days Microsoft® Office® 2007 (Words, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook + More) - Windows Vista™ Required ( wat if i dont want this will tehcy charge me for this anyway? )
# SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT ( warranty >? uhmmm should i get this? or it comes included?)
# SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO ( is this the best ? )
# SPEAKERS: None
# TEMP: NONE
# TVRC: None
# USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports(i want 4 )
# USBHD: NONE
# VIDEOCAMERA: NONE
# VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5850 PCI-E 16X 1GB Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] [-105] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
# VIDEO2: ATI Radeon HD 5850 PCI-E 16X 1GB Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] [+312] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
# VIDEO3: None
# VC_PHYSX: NONE
# VC_GAMES: None
# WNC: NONE [-14]
# _PRICE: (+3043)

Please tell me if im wrong and feel free to add watever u think is gonna be needed

Edited by brady1988, 18 November 2009 - 04:25 PM.

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
It is a good system. I would get a 2nd hard drive for data and other misc files. I haven't had any experience with any i7 systems so I can't say on overclocking on them or not. Everything there will work together.

Depending on when you want the system you may need to choose another graphics card since it is on back order.

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Since you are buying I7 975 EE I'm guessing money isn't a problem so you should buy SSD (Solid state disk) for your OS and for HDD buy WD Black.On good air cooling I7 975 goes easy on 4GHz.As for graphic card buy ATI 5890!

Edited by Bonzai82, 23 November 2009 - 08:10 PM.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Alright guys , im gonna ask u for one last favor ... i need u to take a look at this post and make a well orgranized list of the components for my extreme gaming computer ... i will really appreciate that im kinda confused right now cus there is a lot more than :

* Case with power supply
* CPU with heatsink and fan
* Motherboard
* Memory RAM
* Hard Drive
* Graphics Card
* Sound Card (Optional)
* CD Drive
* Monitor
* Keyboard & Mouse
* Power cord, IDE cable, SATA interface cable

If u wanna get an extreme computer gaming , am i right? so i would like u to tell me what are the best components for my CPU i just wanna build an extreme gaming CPU thats all ... ill take care of the rest ... and im gonna stick with this processor Intel® Core™ i7-975 Extreme Edition 3.33 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366 if u know a better one ... [bleep]! please tell me ... i also heard that this case is one of the best for extreme gaming computers cus they say it has space to put more fans or coolers for the whole system check it out : http://www.cyberpowe...er_Xtreme_6000/
and hey i was thinking bout buying the components from this website or maybe u guys know a better website to buy them for a lower price so hey guys please give a hand with this aiight? i dont know much bout building a computer so thats why im asking the experts remember i can spend like 3000$ so make a well organized list of the components for my CPU. thank u so much! in advance. :) :)

Edited by brady1988, 23 November 2009 - 11:07 PM.

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Here I was able to put this components together! i7 975 cost to much it's not worthy to spend that much money if you plan to overclock i7 960 you'll easily outperform i7 975 but if you want i7 975 so much I can change some things.And you should think about new intel CPU i9 Gulftown with 6 cores 12 threads it should be out in Feb. next year and it should cost as i7 975 costs right now so think about it!Well let me know what you don't like in this configuration or would like to change.

# CD: LG BH08-LS20K 8X Internal Super Multi Blu-Ray Rewriter [+143] (Black Color)
# CD2: None [-24]
# CAS: Thermaltake Spedo Advance Full Tower Case w/ Side-panel Window [-60]
# CS_FAN: Default case fans
# CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-960 3.20 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366
# FAN: Asetek LCLC 240 Liquid Cooling system w/ 240MM Radiator and Dual Fans (Extreme Overclocking Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
# FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
# HDD: Single Hard Drive (128 GB Kingston 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk (Nearly Instant Data Access Technology))
# HDD2: Single Hard Drive (1.5TB (1.5TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+56])
# KEYBOARD: Razer Lycosa Black USB Gaming Keyboard
# MOUSE: Razer Copperhead Laser Blue Mouse + Razer Copperhead Pro Tools Kit [+54]
# MULTIVIEW: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor
# MONITOR: 26' TFT Active Matrix LCD Display [+335] (Asus VW266H 26)
# MOTHERBOARD: Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard SAS Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA w/ eSATA [+123]
# MEMORY: 6GB (2GBx3) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Triple Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
# NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
# OS: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
# POWERSUPPLY: Corsair Power Supplies [+13] (950 Watts CMPSU-950TX - Quad SLI Ready [+56])
# SOFT1: Free 60 Days Microsoft® Office® 2007 (Words, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook + More) - Windows Vista™ Required
# SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
# TEMP: NZXT Sentry LX Aluminum High Performance Fan Control, Clock, & Temperature Display
# VIDEO: ATI Radeon HD 5850 PCI-E 16X 1GB Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
# VIDEO2: ATI Radeon HD 5850 PCI-E 16X 1GB Video Card [DirectX 11 Support] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
# _PRICE: $3258

Edited by Bonzai82, 24 November 2009 - 06:57 AM.

Advertisements

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
hey Bonzai82 thank u so much brother! i was waiting for an answer like this one now i just have a quick question cus im a little concerned bout wat u said here [code i7 975 cost to much it's not worthy to spend that much money if you plan to overclock i7 960 you'll easily outperform i7 975 but if you want i7 975 so much I can change some things.And you should think about new intel CPU i9 Gulftown with 6 cores 12 threads it should be out in Feb. next year and it should cost as i7 975 costs right now so think about it!Well let me know what you don't like in this configuration or would like to change.[/code] basically u r telling me to wait for a couple months and buy this new processor which i think is a kickass one is that wat u r trying to tell me ? and another question ... if i buy all those compnents that u posted im gonna have an extreme gaming computer?... are u adding the best components for a gamer like me? , meaning that i need an extreme computer gaming if so i will be buying it right away after u answer my questions and my doubts ... i just wanna ask u one more thing , r u giving me the best fan for my computer? dont u think i need more than one and i think the right case for my CPU will be this one http://www.cyberpowe...er_Xtreme_6000/ ? or u have a better one? cus i dont wanna have problems with CPU for overheating or my graphics card get overheated u know wat im saying i wanna be sure of wat im buying ... i hope u understand wat im saying and give me the solution thank u! so much bro! :)

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Well with this components you can play any game you want with no trouble.Yes it is extreme for $3000.Since you want Extreme you should wait for i9 Cpu and there is a new graphic card Ati 5970.With this i9 cpu and this card it would be a beast of a comp. And you should check this Extreme PC before buying.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
alienware? well personally i dont like those computers i know they r for gamers and all that but i just wanna build my computer which i think is gonna be better than those alienware computers .... and about the other thing ... uhmmm wait till january maybe , ive been reading about this http://www.product-r...etailed-review/ so okay lets say i say imgonna way till this processor comes out is there any changes for my gaming computer list the one that u just made or is gonna be the same components but a different processor ? would u recommend me to buy the other components while this processor comes out?

Bonzai82

Bonzai82

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Honestly it would be good to wait and when that i9 cpu comes out you can buy everything else thing is that maybe some new motherboard, graphic card could come out in the time when i9 is out.Nvidia should lunch their new 300 series soon too so if you want to wait for i9 cpu you should wait for everything else too well it's your decision and let me know if you are able to build this cpu by yourself because if you are we could change some components.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
wat do u mean if i am ? so if im not able to ... why would u change some components? uhmm i dont really know i wanna buy it right now cus i wanna play heavy games ... and about the other think just give me a couple hours to think about it thank u!

Edited by brady1988, 25 November 2009 - 11:16 PM.